Friday, September 05, 2008

Ick! Another cold...

Last Wednesday we were so excited about getting together with our friends at the park. However, it was not to be....let's take a rain check Alli, Shell, and Chrissy. Emma woke up with a temperature and a runny nose. We had just visited a friend in the hospital, so we thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and see the doctor.

As always, Emma had plenty to say about her visit. She really does not like to go to the doctor. She actually did really well this time....if you don't count the fact that she announced to everyone within earshot that she "HATED the doctor" and would not be coming back again. Umm...fortunately they are used to her drama.

We managed to escape with just a small shot and a pat on the back telling us that it was just a sinus infection...not bad. Fast forward to a week later and we are all still trying to get over it. From Emma, it spread to Sarah, then me, then Greg...where it has stalled. Stefan narrowly escaped and I think that is just because he is never at home. Ah well...we are now in recovery mode. Thank goodness.

The above is of Emma on the way to the doctor's office. We had to take a box of tissues with us. The two images below are of Emma showing off her incredibly bad war wound...that would be from the teensy tiny finger prick they did. But to hear her tell the story, it was a HUGE finger prick and they sucked all her blood out of her. Did I say that she is my drama queen? (Can you tell that she is re-telling the story? LOL)




And this last shot below is the obligatory shot of Sarah...just to prove that she was there with us. And by the way, the little conniver managed to get out of the doctor's office with more stickers than her sister. I guess it pays to be cute.

3 comments:

Martha said...

UGH I hate being sick! I bet ya'll are ready to get better! That's hillarious that Sarah ended up with more stickers than her sis! ha!

Angela said...

I hate that she got sick but I hope it is all over with now. I have to know...do you drive and take pictures? You photographers are funny!

Michelle said...

Well, we missed you...yeah, I'm just now reading this, its almost been a month. Could they have not chosen a finger with less meaning, perhaps the finger next to the pinky, that poor guy never gets attention, but the middle finger? :)