Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year

I have decided that I will just do a long Fall /Winter 2008 recap in a few days. Maybe that will catch me up. Seems like once you reach a certain point, you are overwhelmed at how far behind you have become. Oh well...it will all come together.
For those that have asked, Stefan arrived safely in China (much to the relief of this nervous mother). He won't be coming back until January 5th. We wish he were here with us over the New Year, but this was an opportunity that he might not otherwise have received. Thanks to my brother and sister-in-law for the extremely generous gift to Stefan. Here are some of the pics that they have emailed me.

And yes, it is very cold there right now. I am a little jealous because Stefan is getting to spend so much time with my super cute nephews!
By the way, please pray that he has a safe journey home...he will have a four hour layover in Chicago and won't arrive until 10:25pm on Monday night. Then it is a 4 hour drive home and up in the morning to go to school. Unfortunately, he has finals next week and has to be there as much as possible.

Before I sign off.......I hope all of my family and friends are happy and healthy and enjoying the beginning of this new year. A special "love you" to my close ones.....you know who you are:)

3 comments:

Ericka said...

WOW... I love the pictures. I can't wait to learn more about the trip. Yeah for Stefan.

Angela said...

That is so cool that Stefan got to go to China! I know exactly how you feel about being so far behind. Happy New Year to you!

Martha said...

That is AWESOME that he got to go to China!! What an amazing opportunity!