Thursday, September 28, 2006

Night Owl


So...if you look at the time, you will notice that it is going on 2:00AM. As usual, I am up and on the computer. I think this is day 500 or something trying to finish my webpage. Knowing me, once I get it finished, I will want to change it again. Anyway, back to the time.....I am asking myself, "Self, why are you up this late AGAIN working on the computer?". So I respond...only in my head so no one thinks that I am completely crazy..."Because you know you can't do this work during the day". So tell me, do the rest of you have any quiet time at all? Here is my typical day:

  • 5:45 am - Get Stefan up
  • 6:45 am - 7:30 am - Get girls up, take Stefan to school, get girls fed and happy (ha! ha!)
  • 7:45 am - 8:30 am - make beds, etc...clean kitchen, etc...get dressed...break up fight between girls...dole out kisses and hugs...and answers Emma's first 20 Why questions of the day
  • 8:45 am - 2:00 pm - get dressed, go to Inez's (it's Tuesday), run any errands that the husband insists that I do because I have nothing else to do..go see him for lunch...call Mom and see how the girls are doing...try to get home at a reasonable time so that I can put the girls down for a nap and do things around the house that I can't do while they are awake...did I mention that I've answered Emma's 500th Why question of the day, pulled Sarah out of the toilet or whatever else she has gotten into, and broken up the 100th argument of the day. Can I take a nap?
  • 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm - rush around the house and try to do the things that I wasted time not getting done earlier because Greg will be home aroudn 3:30 and he is certain to say..."So what have you done today?....that's all...You're at home all day." (What!?!)
  • 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm - girls up from nap...probably right as Greg comes in from work. I believe they conveniently time this for his exact arrival time because the first thing they say is "Daddy, I'm very hungry" to which Greg replies "Haven't you fed them today?"...uhhh yeah! Anyway, I digress...next, figure out what I'm going to make for dinner, make it, answer the 1000th Why question (Emma and Sarah - Sarah wants in on this Why action), break up another argument (I forget how many), Stefan gets home (@6:00).
  • 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm - push the girls off on Daddy long enough to clean the kitchen...all the while, I am secretly hoping that someone will come into the kitchen and tell me to go sit down while they clean everything up...sometimes it happens, more often not.
  • 8:00 - 10:00 pm - sit with Stefan and review/help with homework (high school is tough!), listen to the girls argue/fight/and destroy in the front room, girls go to bed around 9:00 with bible story and prayer (Daddy splits the difference on this one), Greg goes to bed around 9:30, Stefan stays up until well past a decent time to watch TV with Mo

    m as Mom tries desperately to "veg" out in the recliner
  • 11:00 pm -Stefan is off to bed...I attempt to go to bed
  • 1:00 am - dog wakes me up...I figure, what the heck, I'll go work on that webpage

I don't even think Calgon can help me now.....

I think that I should be the one on the bottom of that pile....not Greg. By the way, Stefan was on his Dad's back just a few minutes before the girls. Just so you know, they never grow up....they just get bigger. Boys will be boys, etc...

I'm rambling....I really should go to sleep rather than trying to update this blog! Anyway.....I hope everyone else is getting a good night's rest!

No comments: