Thursday, January 25, 2007

2 Funerals and no weddings

Today I was reminded of that movie "Four Weddings & a Funeral"....only there were no weddings and 2 funerals. It's always sad to go to a funeral, but two in one day. I could really sympathize with Michelle over the loss of her dad, because we are at the same age and roughly the same place in our lives. It's a hard thing to lose a parent no matter how old you are....I just wanted to be there for her. Pray for her as she deals with the loss. They only had graveside rites for her father, but it was a nice service. It brought back alot of memories of Dad. Anyway, that was at 10:00 today.

I had to check Stefan and Brent out of school for 1:00pm services for Robert's dad. As hard as it is to lose your parent as an adult, I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose your parent as a teenager. Everyone pray for Robert as he goes through these days and months ahead. It's a hard thing when the father figure is gone.

Robert's father was captain in the Bossier City Police Department, so they had a full police burial. They had the coolest thing at the cemetery. I know I have never seen this before. Two fire trucks with their ladders extended and a huge flag hanging between them. Take a look.

No comments: