Monday, January 22, 2007

Stefan is 15!!!

I know this is a little late, but Stefan had a birthday on the 15th! I know...15 on the 15th. Stefan was convinced that he should get an extra gift because of that. I told him his special gift was getting school off for his birthday (it fell on MLK day...no school - yea!). Anyway, I think he had a great birthday. Between grandmothers, aunts, and uncles he came into a bit of money... it won't last him two weeks. Thanks to Greg and I, his favorite gift was something that he never expected to get....something that we always said we wouldn't buy...a cell phone!

( Stefan and his favorite gift)

I think he has thanked me everyday since his birthday for that gift. I know that I have always said we wouldn't buy one for him, but we relented. This is actually a test in responsibility for Stefan....also, we get tired of him using his friend's cell phones when he is out. Since Stefan hit high school, we rarely see him - he is quite the social butterfly. At least now, he can call and let us know what time he will be home, if he needs a ride, if he has been in an accident....etc. We haven't completely lost our minds though...can you say Trac Fone - pay by the minute! That's right, Stefan boy has 90 minutes to call his very own starting out. When they are gone, he will be purchasing his next set. All I have to say is hang on to that birthday money son...you'll be needing it!

(Little Stefan)

3 comments:

Laura said...

He is so BIG :) Good idea about the pay-as-you go phone.

Angela said...

Awww, how great, you big push-over. Just joking! Really, I like the idea of a cell phone for calling to let you know they have reached a destination or whatever.

Michelle said...

I need a cell phone Sharron! I'm turning 26 in October, just think about it ;)