Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Snake bite!

A few weeks ago....Mother's day weekend to be exact, our dog Dawsy:



Was bit on the muzzle by a snake. We really didn't think she would make it. For about 3 or 4 hours she didn't move at all and her face was very swollen. Fortunately, she is all right now.



Here is the snake....I still haven't been able to accurately identify what kind it is.

So if you have any ideas...let me know please.



3 comments:

Candy said...

I have no idea about the snake! Ugh! I'm glad your dog is okay. I forgot you had a cocker spaniel. We have two and one looks just like yours. Ethan is convinced that is Missy on your blog! ha!

Ericka said...

Yuk. I am so glad this was you and not me. I can just see this happening at out house with the horses, dogs, and kids...then add in the fact that I cant stand bugs or snakes...eeeww. Sorry for dawsy...glad she is okay.

Ericka said...

Mike's official ruling. It is a copperhead snake. I had him look at it and then look again because I did not believe him. He is certain. Hugs...