Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The healthy child

Stefan has always been my healthy child. I think he has only been sick enough to stay home from school 3 or 4 times. And that is since he has been in school. He has only been to the emergency room once....when he was 10. He managed to get a splinter that we could not get out at home. What I am trying to say is this: The only time that Stefan goes to the doctor is when he inflicts injury upon himself....usually.

We almost had an emergency room visit last night for this very reason. Stefan was helping Greg cut some limbs down yesterday. Somehow, one of the branches got behind Stefan's glasses and stabbed him in the eye. We were able to get alot of the bark out of his eye, but there was a piece that seemed to be embedded or stuck on his iris. Following the advice of a good friend, we flushed his eye...to no avail. The piece was still there. Stefan was not having any pain, so we decided to watch it over night and determine what we would do in the morning.

Low and behold, this morning the piece was gone...completely. Stefan's eye was still a little red, but there was absolutely nothing in it. I'm telling you, this kid is blessed.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Oooh, I am freaking out just reading this. I can't do eye stuff. I'm glad it came out!

Candy said...

UGH! I can't handle eye stuff either! I'm so glad everything turned out okay this morning.

Ericka said...

Working in the eye field for the last several years, and knowing how delicate the eye truly is, this is something to be so thankful for. God is watching over Stefan!

Laura said...

Wow, that is scary...and amazing! Glad it worked out!!