Sunday, March 09, 2008

Snow!?!

I know that everyone has probably already blogged about the snow.....but...now it's my turn. Can you believe how much it snowed on Friday? We never believe the weatherman when it comes to snow, but they were right! The girls and I had to go to the doctor and had a hard time even seeing the road on several occasions. They were so excited...so I promised we would go "play" after we left the doctor's office.

They are so funny. I took them to the park and told them they could run and play, but all Emma wanted to do was try and catch a snowflake on her tongue. She was convinced that it would taste like ice cream.
Of course, if Emma did it, then Sarah had to do it too. I think they were both disappointed when the snow didn't taste like "anything". Sarah said that it just "went away in her mouth".


They did play for a little while, but both of them had blue lips and were shaking within 10 minutes. Sarah actually asked if we could go home.

Emma still had to do a little more "snow tasting" before we left.
I thought they were done for the day, but when we got home they wanted to go back out again. So on with the caps and scarves...and out to the yard.

They were so excited when Greg got home. He actually took off early so he could come home and play with the girls. They saw our neighbors making a snowman, so they begged Daddy to make one too. (Well....I sort of suggested it. I mean how often do we really get snow anyway?)

Here they are with their Daddy and their snowman. Can you tell that the girls are freezing? Sarah said that she couldn't even feel her hands.

By the way, this "creative" little guy was named "Snowy Bo" by the girls. Don't ask me, I don't know.
Poor Stefan, he missed all of the fun while he was at school. Not to be outdone by his sisters, our neighbor and him made this funny looking snow guy. However, this snowman never stood a chance. Shortly after this picture was taken, the boys got the bright idea that it would be fun to mow the snowman down with a car. So Stefan plowed over him....in our nice wet yard. Let's just say that Stefan had a lot of fun trying to stomp out the ruts that he left in the yard. Ohhh I just love the workings of the teenage boy's mind.

6 comments:

Ericka said...

Oh, I love the fact that they wanted to taste snow that is so cute. I missed seeing the girls play after school since I was at the hospital. "Icecream" I love it! I cant wait to ask about the stomp out at your house. How funny.22

Angela said...

Yes, you can tell your girls are freezing in that photo! My kids were the same way...wanting to be outside yet wanting to be warm.

Martha said...

That is so sweet that Greg came home early to play with the girls! What great memories you captured!!

Candy said...

What fun pictures you got!

Anonymous said...

Since I'm homeschooled, I got to play in the snow for 30 minutes.I made a snowman and snow angel.

~Brittney~

Laura said...

The girls look so cute in the snow with their hats & scarves!! I can't believe Stefan drove in your yard on a wet, snowy day. I have so much to look forward to :)