
Greg has always wanted to visit Dallas Heritage Village in downtown Dallas. Heritage Village is situated on 13 acres right next to downtown Dallas. It is really neat to visit and is right up Greg's alley as far as interests go.
When you walk into Old City PArk it's like stepping back in time. The village "portrays life in North Texas from 1840-1910." There are 38 historic buildings on the grounds. It's great for any histpry buff to visit...and it has really grown from the time when I used to live in Dallas.
The day we went wasn't too bad. The girls were pink cheeked eraly on, even though it wasn't too hot. Thankfully there was a small breeze. And Bonus..the public restrooms were air conditioned. (Makes you want to stay in the bathroom). The girls were good right up until the end. That's when Sarah started wailing that she had "had enough". That girl is crazy.
Anyway, I was trying out the new point and shoot, so there are alot of pictures. If you want to look at all of them, just click on the box below:
When you walk into Old City PArk it's like stepping back in time. The village "portrays life in North Texas from 1840-1910." There are 38 historic buildings on the grounds. It's great for any histpry buff to visit...and it has really grown from the time when I used to live in Dallas.
The day we went wasn't too bad. The girls were pink cheeked eraly on, even though it wasn't too hot. Thankfully there was a small breeze. And Bonus..the public restrooms were air conditioned. (Makes you want to stay in the bathroom). The girls were good right up until the end. That's when Sarah started wailing that she had "had enough". That girl is crazy.
Anyway, I was trying out the new point and shoot, so there are alot of pictures. If you want to look at all of them, just click on the box below:
![]() |
| Old City Park |
For those of you that won't want to weed through all the pics, here are a few of my favorites:
(I love the one of the church. It reminds me of Little House on the Prairie)














4 comments:
Oh my goodness, I went there on a feild trip in elementary school. I have a picture of me and everybody else in the school house. I want to go back it was alot of fun when I went.
I will have to check the link out on this. It might be a great day trip for us when we are visiting Mike. I will have to see how far it is from Anna. Thanks for the pictures. My fav is the donkey.
What a pretty place!
These pictures are beautiful!! I would love to visit there!
Post a Comment