Let's just finish out April with the following statement.....We are sick of sinus issues.
Between sore throats, ear aches, and other issues....I went to the doctor's office more than I ever do. I am so ready to feel better....not to mention the kids.
They had a health fair at Stefan's school at the end of the month. He was sent home with the message that he needed to see the doctor because his sitting pulse is too low and he had an irregular heart beat. Oh yeah! Let's just say that heart issues run in Greg's side of the family...in a serious way.
I took Stefan to the doctor to get checked out. His pulse was fine that day, but the doctor said that Stefan has what seems to be something called sinus arrhythmia. He described it as something like an accordion. Stefan's heart beats slowly then tries to catch up and will sometimes skip a heartbeat. He said that this is not uncommon in kids and teenagers and that they usually outgrow it. In other words...no big deal . The doctor wasn't even overly concerned. So I'm thinking ok...no problem. Then the doctor says that we need to go ahead and schedule Stef to see a cardiologist to get a baseline on the health of his heart. WHAT? Let me just say that no sane parent is going to hear that and think...OK no worries.
So, after school is out, Stefan will get to visit a cardiologist. I can't wait.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Finishing out the month
Posted by Sharron at 1:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment