Thursday, October 05, 2006

Why do we serve?

As I sit here late at night...I really did try to go to sleep Laura...I am weeding through old e-mails. I don't know how many e-mails that I found regarding bible studies and opportunities to get together and try to improve our Christian walk. I think that's great that so many people feel led to pursue these studies. However, I noticed that so many of them are occurring at the same time (starting to ending date). They are stacked throughout the week. If someone really wanted to, they could spend absolutely no time with their family because they are so busy attending bible studies. Are we so busy trying to do the "Christian" thing that we forget that it's not about being busy? Don't get me wrong, everyone that I get e-mails from are people that manage to do it all: family, church service, and growth.

I guess I was just thinking that while some of us are so busy trying to grow and serve, there is a whole lot more that don't. If we can all make time to do so much, why can't the majority find time to do a little? How many of us know people that come to church every Sunday morning and seem so committed, but are never around for anything else? It just seems like with all the opportunities they would serve more.

I don't know...maybe it's just me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Maybe...it's 2am and you should be sleeping like the rest of America - or at least my household! But I do know what you mean. I know it is very hard for me still to balance my life out with the different activities/obligations that I have committed to.