Thursday, October 05, 2006

Anniversaries

Yesterday would have been Mom and Dad's 44th aniversary. It's sad...even 2 years later. I don't really know how long it takes to get over the loss of a parent. I can't imagine how it would feel to lose a spouse. I understand alot more about grief than I use to...sometimes I wish I didn't. 1 miscarriage, the death of a father and the death of a father-in-law can really give you a good dose of grief. Somedays it's real easy to say that all is well and God will get you through....some days it hard to just smile and make it through the day.

It's easy to get caught up in silly arguments, be competitive, engage in petty disagreements, hold grudges, etc. In the end though, none of that stuff matters. Whether you were the best or the worst...whether you beat everyone out, or lost the race, whether you could smile when your whole world was crashing down around you or have the courage to tell everyone that you were hurting inside...none of that matters in the end.

That being said....I give you this picture because it makes me smile....

3 comments:

Laura said...

If it makes you feel any better, I missed you at lunch today! I was thinking about you, but when the clock hit 12pm, I decided I needed to get some grub. I'm very sorry for the pain that you must be feeling. I know that you have gone through alot in the last couple of years. No one can take away the pain, but that picture really does help! I think you have the right idea...no matter what you may go through, good or bad, in the end, it's all about God.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Anonymous said...

Sorry about lunch! If it make you feel any better, I didn't even get to eat lunch today!

Let's try again next week...it will have to be sometime after Wednesday.

Laura said...

Sounds good to me. Thursday morning up until lunch, I will be in Texarkana. I might get back in town for lunch, but if not, we can try to meet Friday. Let me know which day is better for you or if it matters. I can call you Thursday to let you know where I am around lunch - by the way, what time would you like to have lunch??