Thursday, October 12, 2006

A life well spent

As I was getting ready to go see Ms. Inez this morning, I received a phone call. Perry's secretary called to let me know that Ms. Inez passed away yesterday evening. I couldn't believe it. It's been a year now that I have been going and sitting with her twice a week. She was the sweetest, gentlest, kindest, Christian woman that you would ever meet. But don't let that fool you...she had a stubborn streak a mile wide. I know that she was 93 years old and in a way, we have all been ignoring the possiblity that she could go at anytime. She has been in really good health though. Needless to say, I am thankful that I went and spent time with her yesterday. Ironically, she was down and bluesy...for no real reason she said. Inez just said that she was missing Vern. (Her husband of 63 years who passed away a year ago). Before I left, she asked me if I would be coming today. I replied, "Of course, I wouldn't want to miss seeing my sweet Inez." She hugged me and told me that she loved me and I didn't really know how much our times together meant to her. The last time I saw her was yesterday sitting in Vern's recliner smiling and promising to get some rest. I guess she's resting now....I guess she's not lonely for Vern any more...thank the Lord I know where she is now.
Here is Inez...young and like she was recently:



2 comments:

Angela said...

Awww, Sharron, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Ms. Inez. Praise the Lord that she is in heaven and that she is complete now. Loss is so hard (I know you know) but it sounds like Ms. Inez was a precious woman who lived a wonderful life. Thanks for sharing this with us...

Laura said...

I know it is hard to go through another loss like this, but it's good that she is running around doing flips (if she wants to) with her hubby now. Let me know if you need anything.